Rules for Summer Play
****BTC members have priority on courts 6 though 11. Public courts are on a first come first serve basis on courts 1 through 5 and 12 to 17****
During the outdoor season from May to September, the office is staffed from 4:30pm to 9:30pm Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Outdoor Season Booking and Cancellations
- Please continue to follow all guidelines as specified by the City of Burnaby
- Singles and doubles play allowed
- BTC members have priority on Courts 6-11. Non-members/public users can be asked to give up their court
- Members may reserve one court for 1, 1.5 or 2 hours at a time, up to 24-hours in advance only, using the online booking system.
- ***NEW*** 1.5 hour bookings will be available! Please keep in mind that the booking system will not allow you to leave a 30-minute booking slot in between bookings
- NOTE: You may book 2 separate 1 hour bookings and only on 1.5 or 2 hour booking at a time.
- If you reserve a court and then cannot play, please remember to cancel the court by logging into your account online.
- Guests may play with members, at no charge, and are not required to check in.
- Serving practice bookings will be suspended indefinitely.
- Ball machine is unavailable during the outdoor season
INDOOR COURT BOOKING RULES
Click HERE to view Indoor Court Booking Rules
GENERAL RULES AND ETIQUETTE
• Shirts must be worn at all times on all courts
• Non-tennis apparel is not permitted: no muscle shirts, cut-offs, jeans, etc...
• Non-marking tennis shoes are required
• Smoking is not allowed on, in, or near the BTC tennis courts, clubhouse or office
• Please wait for play to stop on all courts before entering or leaving the play area
• Wait for a break in play before retrieving a ball or returning a ball from another court by using your racket or feet only. Or, wait for it to be returned to you.
• Avoid shouting, loud grunting, and swearing, which can disturb others.
• Children and pets may not be left unsupervised on club premises.
Unauthorized coaching is not permitted; only Club Coaches are authorized to coach. Immediate family members of juniors, all of whom are members of BTC, may coach each other.
Serving Practice and Ball Machine
• Serving practice is prohibited indefinitely
• Personal ball machines are prohibited
Code of Conduct
BTC members and their guests are expected to abide by all rules, regulations, and BTC’s Code of Conduct. Those found in contravention of Rules or the Code of Conduct will be subject to the following:
First offence: Warning letter.
Second offence: No booking or playing privileges for 1 week.
Third offence: Membership suspended or revoked (based on Board decision).